The Association of Tanzania Employers (ATE) formerly known as the Federation of Tanganyika Employers (FTE) is Tanzania’s apex employers’ organization It was formed in 1960 to represent few private employers. ATE is registered and recognized under the Employment and Labour Relations Act (No. 6 of 2004) as an Employers Union in Tanzania. It represents employers in all sectors of the national economy excluding the civil service. ATE, the Government and the Trade Unions form the Tripartite Forum which addresses all industrial relations and labour related issues at sectoral and national levels.
ATE is an active member of national, regional, continental and international organizations like: Tanzania Private Sector Foundation (TPSF), East African Business Council (EABC), SADC Private Sector Forum (SPSF), Business Africa and International Organization of Employers (IOE). The Association has more than 7,600 members from all sectors of the national economy, of which 70% are based in Dar es Salaam and the remaining are scattered in regions of Tanzania Mainland. It has also a Zonal Office in Arusha to cater for members in Northern Tanzania.
The Association wants to further strengthen its Secretariat by employing a suitable and qualified Officer to fill the below vacancy. Applications are therefore invited from qualified Tanzanian Nationals for the following vacant posts. ATE is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
FEMALE FUTURE (FF) COORDINATOR
ATE in collaboration with its partner, Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise (NHO) is implementing a women leadership development Programme, FEMALE FUTURE. The program, developed in Norway by NHO has been offered in other countries in Africa, its goal is to equip women with the skills needed to take up top leadership and board positions. The program has been customized to meet the needs in the Tanzanian labour market. The programme is highly successful in empowering women executives to realize their dreams of being leaders and board members and it helps women boost competences and confidence in the workplace which in turn increases enterprise productivity. The Female Future programme is an initiative by ATE to support the government's initiatives that focus on the alleviation of gender inequality in the economy, education, training and employment at all levels. ATE is now looking for a suitable candidate to lead this programme. As the Female Future Coordinator you be the face of ATE while working closely with experienced women from the corporate, you will interact with CEOs of highly profiled companies. You will report to the Executive Director.
• Implement the strategic and operational plans as approved to Organize Female Future Programme
• Marketing and selling the programme
• Organising Networking meetings
• Organising Annual Women's Leadership Conferences
• Coordinating the development of the programme content
• Manage the day- to-day activities of the project.
• Generate Knowledge and evidence to enable the effective running of the program
• Ensuring the sustainability of the project
• Policy recommendation and implementation
• Resource Mobilization
• Perform any other duty as may be given by the Executive Director from time to time
• Training when there is a need
• Create and build relationships and networks
• Interface and engage with companies
• Recruit participants for the programme
• Write yearly plans and reports and communicate with the donor
• Responsible for budgets and accounts for the programme
• Ensure the program is visible in public forums eg social media
• Propose and implement a marketing strategy for Female Future
• Engage the alumni and follow up on the women who have graduated to map out the results of the program
• Create a data base of potential women board candidates for recommendation to companies
Knowledge and skills essential
• Project Management, Report Writing, Corporate communication, Public Relations, Research working Knowledge, managing meetings, Training and facilitation skill working Knowledge.
Personal Character traits: Personal skills, Innovative, Creative, Proactive, Leadership skills, Ability to engage with external and internal stakeholders, Technology savvy, Strong planning and coordination skills, Team player
• Ability to conduct and supervise planning and budgeting • Knowledge in project Management
• Experience with training and talent Management.
• Ability to solve problems
• Good communication skills
• proficiency in Kiswahili and English
• Good interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, team player and proactive.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Post graduate degree from any recognised University
• Training in Women studies and Marketing
• At least three years working experience in the private sector
• Experience in training
• Experience in Project work will be an added advantage
• Attractive package will be offered to the right candidate
• A good working and learning environment with highly competent and supportive colleagues
• Competence development
• An opportunity to create an exciting network
• Career development opportunities
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
For consideration, please submit your detailed CV, names of three referees (not relatives), copies of certificates, one page draft on women and leadership in Tanzania, testimonials and a cover letter to reach the undersigned by 12th June 2018.
Executive Director, Association of Tanzania Employers, SSTL Group Building, 1st Floor, Dunga Street, Kinondoni, Block 42, P.O. Box 2971, Dar es Salaam. Or send your application via Email to: email@example.com